By Stephen C Sambrook
Read Online or Download The Optical Munitions Industry in Great Britain, 1888–1923 (Studies in Business History) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
Traditional philosophy encompassed all common phenomena of the actual global. It sought to find the actual motives of all common results and used to be little keen on arithmetic. in contrast, the precise mathematical sciences have been narrowly limited to varied computations that didn't contain actual motives, functioning absolutely independently of common philosophy.
So much folks know—at least now we have heard—that Benjamin Franklin carried out a few type of electric test with a kite. What few folks realize—and what this ebook makes powerfully clear—is that Franklin performed an immense position in laying the principles of recent electric technological know-how and expertise. This fast paced e-book, wealthy with ancient information and anecdotes, brings to existence Franklin, the massive overseas community of scientists and inventors during which he performed a key function, and their remarkable innovations.
Operating counter to the final decline of technological industries in post-Victorian Britain, optical munitions presents an enormous, formerly neglected, research into the enterprise of manufacturing.
Because the mid Sixties, American technological know-how has gone through major alterations within the method it really is prepared, funded, and practiced. those adjustments comprise the decline of simple examine by means of organizations; a brand new orientation towards the temporary and the economic, with strain on universities and govt labs to take part available in the market; and the advertising of interdisciplinarity.
- Darwinian Heresies
- Radio in Revolution: Wireless Technology and State Power in Mexico, 1897–1938 (The Mexican Experience)
- Colorado: Mapping the Centennial State through History: Rare and Unusual Maps from the Library of Congress (Mapping the States through History)
- On Mars: Exploration of the Red Planet, 1958-1978--The NASA History (Dover Books on Astronomy)
- Science and Technology in World History: An Introduction
- Making Silicon Valley: Innovation and the Growth of High Tech, 1930-1970 (Inside Technology)
Extra resources for The Optical Munitions Industry in Great Britain, 1888–1923 (Studies in Business History)
The Optical Munitions Industry in Great Britain, 1888–1923 (Studies in Business History) by Stephen C Sambrook