By Rajen Harshé,Dhananjay Tripathi
Owing to its geo-strategic situation and mineral wealth, Afghanistan has obtained value within the inter-state politics of Asia in addition to international politics prior to now a long time. This e-book outlines Afghanistan’s efforts to construct a good and peaceable democratic polity, with exterior army help from the USA and its NATO allies. It additionally analyses the nation’s improvement projects with significant powers corresponding to India, the U.S., Russia and Germany. The volume:
• brings to the fore ongoing tensions in the Afghan polity and its persevered effect on Asian/world politics;
• discusses topical issues comparable to withdrawal people troops and non-traditional safeguard; and
• provides views from students and specialists from all over the world, together with Afghans.
This paintings can be valuable to students and researchers in political technological know-how, diplomacy, sociology, quarter reviews, and the normal reader.
Read Online or Download Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories PDF
Similar terrorism books
Used to be geschah wirklich am 11. September 2001? Seit zehn Jahren recherchieren staatliche Ermittler und Historiker. Dennoch haben Verschwörungstheorien über «9/11» nach wie vor Hochkonjunktur. Gestützt auf neues Archivmaterial und die neuesten Erkenntnisse über Täter, Hintermänner und Drahtzieher schildert Bernd Greiner die Ereignisse und untersucht ihre Folgen.
The yank cinema of terrorism, even though coming to prominence basically within the Seventies amidst high-profile Palestinian terrorist task, really dates again to the beginnings of the chilly warfare. yet this early terrorist cinema was once headquartered principally round the Bomb—who had it, who might use it, when—and differs tremendously from the terrorist cinema that may stick to.
This quantity introduces the idea that of Islamist extremist 'master narratives' and provides a style for choosing and interpreting them. Drawing on rhetorical and narrative theories, the chapters study 13 grasp narratives and clarify how extremists use them to solidify their base, recruit new individuals, and encourage activities.
This booklet indicates how particular ancient occasions and societal forces inside Nigeria go beyond the alternatives its political leaders have made to steer the process the state's political improvement. Kalu N. Kalu describes numerous elements that experience contributed to the demanding situations dealing with state-building and political associations in Nigeria.
- White Rage: The Extreme Right and American Politics (Extremism and Democracy)
- Citizens Defending America: From Colonial Times to the Age of Terrorism
- The Sovereignty Solution: A Common Sense Approach to Global Security
- Policing Global Movement: Tourism, Migration, Human Trafficking, and Terrorism (International Police Executive Symposium Co-Publications)
- Waiving Our Rights: The Personal Data Collection Complex and Its Threat to Privacy and Civil Liberties
- Red Army Faction Volume 1: Projectiles for the People, The
Extra resources for Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories
Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories by Rajen Harshé,Dhananjay Tripathi